Frequently Asked Questions
DO YOU DO VEGAN TATTOOS?
Yes, we do! Roxanne has been vegan for over 15 years, and she offers a fully vegan tattoo experience, which is more than just the use of vegan ink, but also vegan stenciling, skin cleaning and preparation and, of course, vegan aftercare.
HOW MUCH WILL MY TATTOO COST?
The price of your tattoo depends on several factors. Some areas of the body take longer to tattoo than others due to the different types of skin on different areas of the body and the specific techniques required to tattoo that area. Colour takes longer than black and grey, for instance. While we try to give our clients a rough estimate of price, please keep in mind that there are several factors that determine how long your tattoo will take and how much your tattoo will cost and sometimes tattoos take longer than expected simply because of the condition of your skin, the skins elasticity, your ability to tolerate the discomfort, etc.. Prices for Cosmetic Tattooing are listed below.
- Most tattoos are charged by the hour. We charge $165 per hour - 1 hour minimum charge.
- Some pieces are charged by the design, regardless of time (particularly when design time takes longer than the actual tattoo time)
- Custom pieces that require extensive drawing and designing may attract an Artwork Design Fee
- A deposit is required to secure all appointments.
- Tattoo appointments are charged from the commencement of the appointment time until the end of the tattoo session, and therefore includes stenciling, changes in size/ design/ layout of the tattoo and late arrival to the appointment by the client. Photo ID must be presented at each appointment.
You will be required to pay a deposit to secure your tattoo appointment. The deposit is $100 for bookings of less than 3 hours tattoo time. For bookings of 3 or more hours of tattoo time, the deposit may me increased. The terms and conditions of your deposit are as follows:
- This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERRABLE
- When 1-3 hours is booked, and the tattoo is relatively straight forward (no design/ research required, tattoo completed in one sitting), the deposit is taken off the final price of the tattoo.
- When the tattoo requires research and drawing up (as per custom designs), the deposit, or part thereof, may be used as the Artwork Design Fee. This is to offset the many hours of time researching and designing your custom artwork.
- If you cancel your booking; reschedule your appointment time/ day with less than 7 days notice; reschedule the session to a future time more than one month from the initial booking time; or make significant changes to your design concept, your deposit/ drawing fee is forfeited (lost) and an additional deposit or artwork design fee will be required to re-book any future appointment.
- If you arrive at your appointment and you are unwell, or your skin is sun burned you will be sent home and your deposit will be lost.
- If you arrive at your appointment and do not have photographic identification (drivers licence, proof of age card, or passport), your appointment will be cancelled and your deposit will be lost.
- The tattoo appointment is charged from the start of the appointment time until the end of the actual appointment - if you are late or make alterations to the design upon arrival, that is charged as normal tattoo time.
- The balance of the tattoo session must be paid in full at the completion of the appointment. This can be paid using cash, debit card (with chip only), or using Mastercard/ Visa. Please note that a 3% fee will be added to all card payments.
- If you are offered a "touch-up appointment"", the appointment must be made within the designated time period specified by your artist and follows the same conditions as above. Failure to make or attend this appointment will cancel your touch-up opportunity and in doing so this will mean that any touch-ups required will be charged at the normal tattoo rate. Touch-up appointments cannot be rescheduled without incurring additional re-booking charges ($50).
- The payment of your booking fee implies your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
COSMETIC MICRO-PIGMENTATION (COSMETIC TATTOO)
- We are not currently taking any new clients for Cosmetic Tattoo
- Existing clients may still contact us regarding "colour boost"/ maintenance appointments. These appointments are not guaranteed and will be taken at the discretion of the Studio.
NON-LASER TATTOO LIGHTENING
We offer A+Ocean saline tattoo lightening/ removal services. This is a unique non-laser method of lightening/ removing unwanted tattoos which works by tattooing into the skin a saline solution that draws pigment/ ink out of the skin. This is suitable for body and face tattoos. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUEST FOR CONSULTATION OR TATTOO BOOKING:
If you would like to request a booking for either a consultation or for a tattoo appointment, please email email@example.com and include:
- size (cm x cm)
- reference pictures
- colour or black and grey
- whether it is your first tattoo
- preference for appointment times (include days and times that you are available)
We will get back to you within 7 days - if you have not heard back within that time, please resend your email. Sometimes we will suggest that you book a consultation prior to making your booking. This is because we would like to discuss your design/ placement with you more. We do not copy the artwork of other tattooists or artists, however we are happy to speak with you about creating a custom piece that is inspired by the artwork that you present. We are typically booked 6 - 8 weeks in advance, however we also offer a cancellation/ wait list if you would like to be called earlier if a cancellation occurs. Please include in your email to us whether you would be interested in going onto the cancellation/ wait list.
Initial consultations are FREE OF CHARGE - HOWEVER, if you cancel your consultation with less than 24 hours notice, or change your consultation time more than once, we may require a $50 non-refundable deposit before booking another consultation for you. Should you decide to go ahead with your tattoo, and the tattoo appointment is booked at the time of your consultation, your consultation deposit will be rolled into your tattoo deposit, and will come off the cost of your tattoo on the day of your appointment.
TATTOO PREPARATION & AFTERCARE
When you book for a tattoo, we will send you some information regarding tattoo preparation. It is important that you follow the instructions given. We will also provide you with both written and verbal instructions regarding your tattoo after care procedure. It is your responsibility to follow these after care instructions as they have been created to ensure fast, healthy healing of your skin and your tattoo.
FOLLOW UPS & TOUCH UPS
Not all tattoos require a touch up or follow up session, but some tattoos do require them. A "touch up" session is different to a "follow up" session...
If your artist wants to see how your tattoo heals, you may be offered a complementary "touch up" session. If you are offered a touch up session, it is your responsibility to book that session within the time frame provided to you by artist. If you fail to do this, and contact the studio after the designated time period, you will be charged full price for any additional tattooing. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Some tattoos require a "follow up" session. This is usually to add any highlights/ lowlights/ additional shading and contouring. This is an additional tattoo session that is charged at the normal price.
While we are happy to create a custom design for you, we will not draw something up without an appointment being booked for the tattoo. We get many requests from people who have an idea that they would like drawn up so that they can decide if they want it tattooed. We only draw up and design tattoos once the appointment for the tattoo has been made and the deposit has been paid. We do not usually email through detailed tattoo designs, however we will make an appointment for you to come in and view your design prior to your tattoo session if you require. All custom designs remain the property of the artist and cannot be reproduced without written consent. Making additional changes to your design or changing the location of your tattoo may lead to your appointment being cancelled and re-booked for a later date to allow for drawing. Additional drawing fees may also apply in these circumstances.
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
Not all tattoos suit all areas of the body. And regardless of what you may see on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Google, etc., there are some areas of the body that just don't heal well or will not suit the tattoo design that you have in mind. Many of the images that you see online are of freshly performed tattoos. We have the experience of seeing how tattoos heal over time, so if we tell you that the tattoo will not look good in 5 years due to the stretching, creasing, rubbing or environmental exposure to the skin please believe us. We want to give you a tattoo that looks great when you leave the studio, and continues to look great for years to come.